S. Mark Dukes
Central Alabama Office
Mr. Dukes has successfully represented clients and tried cases in state and federal courts throughout Alabama. He has obtained defense verdicts in some of the most difficult venues in Alabama. Mark has authored winning appellate briefs in state and federal court; in one case obtaining reversal of a $900,000.00 judgment entered against his client.
Before joining the firm, Mark was a Deputy District Attorney in Montgomery County, where he successfully prosecuted dozens of major felony cases and civil condemnations. Prior to that, he served as law clerk to Judge Glenn Thompson in the Eighth Judicial Circuit.
Before taking up the practice of law, Mark served as a Special Forces team leader and as an Intelligence Officer in airborne and light infantry units of the United States Army. He subsequently worked in the field of national security, producing analyses in the areas of special operations, antiterrorism, and foreign military capabilities.
As an adjunct instructor at Jones School of Law and Faulkner University, Mark has taught Business Law, Criminal Procedure, Christian Business Ethics, and Legal Research and Writing.
- Alabama State Bar
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Alabama
- University of Alabama School of Law, Juris Doctor, 1995
- Alabama State Bar President’s Pro Bono Service Award
Non Legal Education
- Georgetown University, Master of Arts (National Security Studies), 1988
- Vanderbilt University, Bachelor of Arts (Slavic Studies), 1979
- Distinguished Military Graduate
- Scabbard and Blade Military Honor Society
Current and Past Affiliations
- Alabama State Bar Association
- Alabama Defense Lawyers Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Montgomery County Bar Association
- Federalist Society
- Boys and Girls Clubs of the River Region – Director