Blake T. Richardson
Gulf Coast Office
Mr. Richardson focuses his practice on insurance defense litigation, including motor vehicle/trucking defense, construction litigation, and products liability defense. Since joining Holtsford Gilliland in 2014, Blake has successfully defended corporations and individuals in multiple jury and non-jury trials to verdictacross southern Alabama. Mr. Richardson has been very successful in these cases, receiving defense verdicts on numerous occasions.
Blake is also an active participant within the legal community in the South Alabama area. He participates in the South Alabama Volunteer Lawyers Program where he provides pro bono legal representation to indigent persons. Mr. Richardson currently serves on the Board of Directors for the Young Lawyers Section of the Alabama Defense Lawyers Association. He is a member of the Mobile Bar Young Lawyers’ Association where he has served as the Chairman of the Mobile Bar Young Lawyers’ Charity Golf Tournament and as Chairman of the Baldwin County Bar Association’s Social Committee.
Blake is a native of Fairhope, Alabama, and returned to the Alabama Gulf Coast after attending law school at the University of Mississippi School of Law. During law school, Blake served as Vice Dean of Delta Theta Phi Law Fraternity and was an active member of the Trial Advocacy Board, competing in several internal and external competitions. Prior to law school, Blake received his undergraduate degree from the University of Alabama with a Bachelor of Arts in Commerce and Business Administration, with an honors specialization in Accounting.
- Alabama State Bar
- Southern District of Alabama U.S. District Court
- University of Mississippi School of Law, Juris Doctor, 2014
- Delta Theta Phi Law Fraternity- Vice Dean
College Degree(s), Honors and Activities
- University of Alabama, Bachelor of Science in Commerce and Business Administration, 2011
- Honors Graduate of the Culverhouse School of Accountancy
Current and Past Professional Affiliations
- Alabama State Bar Association
- Alabama Defense Lawyer’s Association
- Mobile County Bar Association
- Baldwin County Bar Association