Kaasha D.B. Griffin
Central Alabama Office
Mrs. Griffin graduated from Northwestern University in 2012 with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and earned her Juris Doctor from the University of Pittsburgh School of Law. While in law school, Kaasha served as a teaching assistant for Legal Writing and taught Peer Mediation at a Pittsburgh-area charter school. Kaasha was also Managing Editor for the University of Pittsburgh Journal of Law and Commerce.
Upon graduation from law school, Kaasha was employed as a Staff Attorney for the Federal Home Loan Bank of Pittsburgh. After moving to Alabama, Kaasha clerked for Associate Justice Tom Parker of the Alabama Supreme Court before joining the Montgomery County Public Defender’s Office as a Circuit Court attorney. Kaasha is admitted to practice law in both Alabama and Pennsylvania, as well as the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania.
In 2017, Kaasha was selected to participate in the 2017 MVLP Pro Bono Leadership Corp. As a participant of the program, Kaasha accepted extended service pro bono referrals and volunteered at the MVLP’s counsel and advice clinic. She was recognized for her participation at the annual fall MVLP Volunteer Lawyers Award Luncheon.
- Alabama State Bar
- Pennsylvania State Bar
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, Order of Barristers, 2015
- University of Pittsburgh Journal of Law and Commerce – Managing Editor
- National Health Law Moot Court Team
- Moot Court Board
- Corporate Counsel Women of Color Award
College Degree, Honors and Activities
- Northwestern University, Bachelor of Arts (Political Science) 2012
- Joan Velde Ketelsen Humanities Scholar
Current and Past Professional Affiliations
- Alabama State Bar Association
- Pennsylvania State Bar Association (past)
- Montgomery County Bar Association
- Allegheny County Bar Association (past)
- Alabama Defense Lawyers Association
- Association of Corporate Counsel (past)
- Montgomery Volunteer Lawyers Program – Pro Bono Leadership Corp Participant