Steven P. Savarese, Jr.
Gulf Coast Office
Mr. Savarese returned home to Baldwin County to practice law after graduating from law school. His practice spans the Gulf Coast, as he is admitted to practice law in the state and federal courts of Alabama, Florida, and Mississippi. Steven focuses his practice on insurance defense litigation, including motor vehicle/trucking defense, construction litigation, first party property claims, coverage disputes, and bad faith litigation. He has successfully defended corporations and individuals, in both jury and non-jury trials, in both state and federal courts throughout the Gulf Coast. In addition, Steven is often called upon to draft opinions regarding insurance coverage.
Since being admitted to the bar, Steven has been an active participate in both the state and local bar. He is highly involved with the Baldwin County Bar Association (where he serves on the executive committee), the Mobile County Bar Association, and the Alabama Defense Lawyers Association. He is also a State Bar Commissioner, a member of the Baldwin County Bar Association grievance committee, a past-President of the Baldwin County Bar Association, the past-chair of the Baldwin County Bar Association Law Day Committee, past-chair of the Mobile / Baldwin County Bench & Bar Conference, and is a member of the South Alabama Volunteer Lawyers Program, providing pro bono legal assistance to citizens in need. Mr. Savarese is active in his community. He is a member of Christ the King Catholic Church where he served on the Parish Council and chaired the Building Committee. Steven is a frequent guest speaker at local schools, often presenting mock trials to a variety of classes.
Steven is a graduate of Daphne High School. He attended the University of Alabama and received his Bachelor of Science in Biological Science, with Special Honors. At the University of Alabama, Steven was an officer in the Delta Chi Fraternity, a Capstone Scholar and McWane Scholar. Steven attended the University of Alabama School of Law where he was a member of the National Trial Advocacy team, as well as a winner of the George Peach Taylor Award for excellence in trial advocacy.
Steven is married to his wife, Becky, and they have two children, Mary Bealle and Steven III.
- Alabama State Bar
- Florida State Bar
- Mississippi State Bar
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Alabama
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Alabama
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Alabama
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Mississippi
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- University of Alabama School of Law, Juris Doctor, 2006
- George Peach Taylor Award for Excellence in Trial Advocacy
- National Trial Advocacy Team Member
College Degree(s), Honors and Activities
- Bachelor of Science in Biological Sciences with Special Honors, 2003
- Capstone Scholar
- McWane Scholar
Current and Past Professional Affiliations
- Alabama State Bar Association
- Alabama Defense Lawyers Association
- Mobile County Bar Association
- Young Lawyers’ Section, executive committee
- Bench and Bar Committee
- Baldwin County Bar Association
- Volunteer Lawyer Program