Kenneth A. Hitson, Jr.
Gulf Coast Office
For over 20 years, Ken Hitson has maintained a diversified trial practice in state and federal courts, trying more than 140 jury trials to verdict in 20 counties across the State of Alabama for Fortune 500 companies, small businesses and individuals. Ken spends most of his time representing a diverse set of clients in the areas of law including automobile liability, municipal liability, commercial trucking liability, premises liability, products liability and insurance coverage issues. In addition to his practice with the firm, Ken has also served as Municipal Court Judge for the City of Daphne, Alabama.
Ken is the Managing Partner of the Gulf Coast Office for the firm. He obtained his undergraduate degree from the University of Alabama in 1986 and his law degree from the Cumberland School of Law at Samford University in 1989. After completing a judicial clerkship, he served as a Deputy District Attorney for Montgomery County, Alabama. Ken was lead prosecutor in the State of Alabama’s first conviction under the State’s drug kingpin statute known as the Drug Trafficking Enterprise Act. Ken serves as an Elder at his local church in Daphne, Alabama. He has been married to his wife Gwen for 26 years and they have two children, Bryant and Abby.
- Alabama State Bar
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Alabama
- Cumberland School of Law, Juris Doctor, 1989
College Degree(s), Honors and Activities
- University of Alabama, Bachelor of Arts (Political Science), 1986
Current and Past Professional Affiliations
- Alabama State Bar Association
- Mobile County Bar Association
- Baldwin County Bar Association
- Alabama Defense Lawyers Association
- Defense Research Institute