Murry S. Whitt
Central Alabama Office
Mr. Whitt joined the firm’s Central Alabama Office in 2003. His practice focuses on defense of motor vehicle cases and commercial litigation across Central and Southern Alabama. He has tried cases in more than twenty Alabama counties and also in Federal Court. Murry has successfully defended corporations, insurance companies, and individuals at trial and received several defense verdicts. Finding that cases can often be won or lost based on the details found within an opposing party’s medical history, Murry has become particularly adept in researching medical background information and applying that knowledge to effectively cross examine expert witnesses and frame cases in a light most favorable to those he represents. Murry’s practice also frequently involves the resolution of multi-party claims requiring outreach to and negotiation with various competing interests to reach a prompt and satisfactory result for his clients. He has successfully defended high ranking state governmental officials in complex litigation involving high profile claims involving their official capacities.
Originally from Haleyville in northern Alabama, Murry is a graduate of Auburn University and the University of Georgia School of Law. Prior to joining the firm, Murry served as a Judge Advocate General in the United States Air Force where he litigated, either as Trial Counsel or Defense Counsel, more than forty courts-martial.
Murry is active in the community. He is a member and active participant with the Montgomery County Bar Association and the Alabama Defense Lawyers Association. He is a former President of the YMCA Jimmy Hitchcock Award Committee. He also serves on the boards of the Hitchcock Committee, the Montgomery Auburn Club, and the Wyndridge Homeowners Association.
He is married and has three children.
- Alabama State Bar
- U.S. Court of Appeals
- Eleventh Circuit U.S. District Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
- Middle District of Alabama U.S. District Court
- Southern District of Alabama U.S. District Court
- Northern District of Alabama U.S. District Court
- The University of Georgia School of Law, Juris Doctor, 1999
- Auburn University, Bachelor of Arts (Business Management), magna cum laude 1996
- Phi Gamma Delta Fraternity
- United States Air Force ROTC
- Alabama State Bar Association
- Montgomery County Bar Association
- Alabama Defense Lawyers Association